Sambell Oration to focus on a just future in insecure times
This year’s Sambell Oration is to be delivered by former federal minister Jenny Macklin, who has been at the frontline of social policy debates for more than three decades.
First held in 1981, the oration is a forum for community leaders to discuss social justice issues. Ms Macklin, now a Vice-Chancellor’s Fellow at the University of Melbourne, will offer a frank perspective on social and economic policy trends in Australia. What are the challenges ahead to enable economic security for all? How do we rebuild declining trust in our institutions in an era of remarkable – yet stubbornly uneven – prosperity?
The oration will take place at a dinner at the Melbourne Museum on 21 November. For more information please contact email@example.com
- Executive Director’s message
- Thank you
- Using lived experience to help others
- Proof that our Education First Youth Foyer model works
- Getting help with growing up
- From high and dry to safe and supported
- HIPPY Age 3 extension trial
- Will you join us this Anti-Poverty Week?
- Sambell Oration to focus on a just future in insecure times
- Launch of free Brotherhood Talks podcasts